Here is my résumé / curriculum vitæ.
JOSEPH E GREENWOOD
1302 Cottonwood Street • Grand Forks, ND 58201
firstname.lastname@example.org • 701-215-2553
GRAPHICAL DESIGNER & WEBSITE BUILDER
BUSINESS OWNER & ENTREPRENEUR
MARKET DEVELOPMENT & SALES LEADER
MUSICIAN, PHOTOGRAPHER & VISUAL ARTIST
EDITOR & PUBLISHER
CUSTOMER SERVICE PROFESSIONAL
CARPENTER & GENERAL LABORER
EDUCATOR, MENTOR, & TEAM LEADER
• Continual, Adaptive Learning
• Verbal and Written Communications
• Business Management
• Content Editing, Proofing
• Market Analysis & Development
• Outgoing, Friendly, Charismatic
• Business-to-Business & Retail Sales
• Customer Service & Technical Support
• Systematic Technical Troubleshooting
• Team-Oriented & Independently Capable
Graphic Design: Website images and layout, newspaper pagination, product packaging, promotional and advertising materials.
Publishing: Website production, advertising production, media publishing, video and photography capture and processing, analog and digital audio capture and production, subscriber feed programming, streaming media, printing techniques, high speed paper processing machines, bookbinding.
Tools: Adobe Creative Suite including ActionScript 3.0, Flash, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere, Dreamweaver; Falcon Editorial Client; Harris Publishing; QuarkXPress; AdJuggler; Canon Digital Photo Professional; Audacity; Soundslides; FrontPage; MGI PhotoSuite; PCAnywhere; PeopleSoft; Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; various FTP clients; and various Content Management Systems including Mach-II, Joomla, Community Builder, Magento, Drupal, WordPress, MovableType, TypePad, AreaVoices.
Grand Forks Herald, Forum Communications Company Grand Forks, ND
Online Content Coordinator (October 2007 to present)
Manage, design, produce and maintain Grand Forks Herald websites GrandForksHerald.com, Agweek.com, PrairieBizMag.com, GrandForks.com, DiscoverGrandForks.com, UNDSportsZone.com, RedRiverValleyWomenToday.com. Develop and produce existing and new online-based revenue business models such as subscriptions, contests, email and advertising campaigns, as well as develop, design and produce multimedia content for, and train all levels of editorial staff on maintenance of multiple Content Management Systems. Design and produce advertisements for a wide assortment of clients around the region, working directly with and in support of sales representatives and managers. Communicate with managers on navigating and analyzing new technologies and business models. Implement cost savings through online technologies for business methods such as publications, billings and mail. Design and produce advertising content, and administer website advertising campaigns; train all levels of advertising and marketing staff for sharing these duties. Lead ongoing training for multiple tasks for various staff departments, levels and positions, including Editorial, Advertising, Circulation and many of their respective teams and individuals. Coordinate integral point of contact with Forum Interactive online teams and other departments and individuals throughout regional organization.
• Designed, produced and launched new websites GrandForks.com, DiscoverGrandForks.com, RedRiverValleyWomenToday.com.
• Redesigned GrandForksHerald.com, UNDSportsZone.com and PrairieBizMag.com, initiated shared production training to enable all staff levels to contribute and take part in website production and maintenance.
• Conceived human resources design of Grand Forks Herald’s Online Department; defined jobs and descriptions, interviewed and hired staff, integral team leader.
• Transitioned paradigms at all levels to make GrandForksHerald.com website the primary publication product of Grand Forks Herald, printed newspaper is surpassed.
• Expanded readership beyond targeted metrics. Continuously employed new media on time and on demand, continuously trained new staff for web enablement.
• Converted massive Circulation and Newspapers In Education bulk mailings to online format, saving thousands of dollars in materials and staff resources.
• Many landmark achievements in multimedia presentation of Editorial content and publications, including installation of live and archival video streams from the Associated Press, development of acclaimed ‘Food Pantry’ and ‘Communities’ niche sections and unmatched multimedia coverage of the 2008 Presidential Election.
Grand Forks Herald, Forum Communications Company Grand Forks, ND
Paginator (August 2005 to October 2007)
Legal advertisement design using dynamic array of software applications (CASH, Adobe Photoshop and Acrobat, Quark, Harris); obituary notice input and design (CASH, Adobe Photoshop and Acrobat for photograph toning, cropping and sizing, Quark, Harris, company phone system, customer service interactions with funeral homes and the public); daily pagination (layout, design) and output to negatives of obituaries page, classifieds book, legal advertisements; daily production cycles (updating Harris system with latest news, photographs, and advertisements); daily production page flow oversight (proofing of advertisements and content, labeling, organization and opaquing of negatives; ensuring newspaper runs error-free); travel required between downtown office and production plant for materials transfer and liaisons, including production plant crew and newsroom communications.
Gagner, Greenwood & Pape Grand Forks, ND
Partner; Web Design, Marketing and Business Development (March 2009 to present)
Founding partner of small independent web design and marketing firm. Design, build and implement websites and components, and develop online marketing and business models for regional businesses.
• Secure e-commerce websites with thousands of products
• Search Engine Optimized (SEO) websites in the top of search engine rankings
• Mobile enhanced websites for smart phones and portable devices
• Statistical traffic analytic reports for improved business strategies
• Mass online email marketings for targeted achievement
Vasichek Enterprises, LLC Michigan, ND
Market Development & Sales Leader (March 2005 to March 2006)
Pioneer of the national marketing and sales campaigns of several newly-patented hand tool products to large-volume warehouse distributors, hardware store franchises, and individual retail outlets, including the company’s own website-based storefront as well as multiple other Internet-based distribution channels.
• Achieved compliance with federal government business-partner registration regulations.
• Developed brand images, logos, product packaging, company letterhead.
• Constructed company website with sales capabilities and established Internet presence.
• Established system of tracking sales statistics and customer demographics.
• Achieved business relations, continued distribution, and successful sales with many organizations.
Blackwood Press Grand Forks, ND
Owner & Operator (Feb 2002 to present)
Engaged in an ongoing effort to develop business concepts into a functioning multi-media printing company; collaborating with local writers and artists to write, edit, and produce the regional visual arts and literature-oriented DUB magazine; provides photography services to the public for special events such as weddings, art exhibits, and rock shows; have gained valuable business management experience.
• Published books and music albums by several local authors.
• Edited, published, and produced the regional periodical DUB from 2002 to 2004.
• Coordinated literary and musical performances at local venues.
• Provided quality artistic photography services for special events.
SEI Information Technology Grand Forks, ND
Senior Customer Care Professional (Dec 2002 to Jan 2005)
Promoted to senior leadership role to guide colleagues in their work and their professional development. Assigned to leadership role for third shift in the execution of support for special experimental projects for the client. Created project documentation and developed knowledge database for new experimental systems. Worked directly with client’s restaurant managers in assessment of technical and training issues. Coordinated with vendors to achieve reliable and timely resolution of issues and to achieve proper management of client’s expectations regarding resolution time frames.
• Maintained quality and consistency of customer support for third shift.
• Effectively managed coordination of first level response efforts between client’s restaurant managers & regional managers, outside vendors, client’s internal support departments and SEI’s internal support departments.
• Developed troubleshooting methodology and technical documentation as new technologies were adopted into the client’s systems.
Tony Anderson Construction Grand Forks, ND
Carpenter (Mar 2002 to Nov 2002)
Liechty Associates Construction Minneapolis, MN
Carpenter (Jul 2001 to Mar 2002)
Deek’s Pizza Grand Forks, ND
Delivery Driver & Cook (1997 to 2000 while attending UND)
The Ground Round Minneapolis, MN
Waiter (Summer 1999)
Marquette Banks Minneapolis, MN
Teller (Summer 1998)
Guitar Instructor Grand Forks, ND (August 1997 to present)
USA Hockey Jamestown, ND
Official (Referee) (1996 to 1998)
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
University of North Dakota Grand Forks, ND (Aug 1996 to May 2000)
College of Business and Public Administration
Bachelor of Business Administration
Management Major, International Entrepreneurship Minor
Jamestown High School Jamestown, ND (Graduated May 1996)
National Honor Society
Baseball, Hockey, Tennis
American Society of Composers, Artists, and Publishers (ASCAP)
Harley-Davidson Motor Company Harley Owners Group (HOG)
National Honor Society
Professional references available upon request.